The feet is a part of our body that we overlooked the most and paid very little or no attention at all.
Some feet end up being pale, or very dried, and this could be a result of negligence. However, this is not entirely your doing; it is just the way the nature of your feet is designed to be.
At this juncture, the importance of a good foot massage device for plantar fasciitis and other feet illness comes into play.
Navigate Through Contents
- What do we understand by the term plantar fasciitis?
- Top five best choices of foot massager for plantar fasciitis.
- Benefits of massaging your foot
- The Best Plantar Fasciitis Exercises for Pain Relief
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Verdict
What do we understand by the term plantar fasciitis?
Plantar Fasciitis is said to be the most common reason for pain in the heel. There is a sort of leveled muscle which joins your toes to the bones of your heel, and this tissue is known as plantar fascia.
It gives adequate support to the arch of the foot. The moment your plantar fasciitis is being sprained/strained, it tends to become irritated and painful. As a result, it could be uncomfortable in most cases.
In fact, the middle-aged people are the ones mostly exposed to the possibilities of having Plantar fasciitis.
Therefore, plantar fasciitis can occur on foot or both of the foot.
Read more about Plantar fasciitis here: What is Plantar Fasciitis? Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Top five best choices of foot massager for plantar fasciitis.
UComfy Shiatsu Foot Massager with Heat is one of the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis, and it gives various deep foot massage benefits and it messages all through the tips down to the bottoms of the feet.
The uComfy Shiatsu Foot Massager with Heat for plantar fasciitis weighs twelve pounds & measures 17.7 x 15 x 18.1 inches, this is quite bulky and not easy to carry around, however; It can be stuffed in luggage or box if necessary.
Some features of uComfy Shiatsu Foot Massager with Heat for plantar fasciitis.
- It aids in the free movement of blood to the leg areas which in turn makes respiration easier.
- It works in the way of beating/pawing the feet which make you feel a real human is massaging you, it also vibrates
- You can rub the tip and the bottom also.
- Back in those days, I used to have an old model of foot massagers, and it was gotten for my birthday, and the massage device did more of hurting me than massaging me, instead of taking my pains away it added some more.
- It never did knead the right spots, and I have to move my feet around the massager so it could get to hit the right spots of my feet, however, since I tried Ucomfies shiatsu foot massager I was wowed.
- The fact Ucomfies shiatsu foot massager has heat alone is a groundbreaker for me.
- Once you put your foot in the Ucomfies shiatsu foot massager, it hits all the right spots and does all the work.
- Ucomfies shiatsu foot massager has five massaging levels which you can switch if you want faster or slower pace of massage.
- Some of my friends who ordered the Ucomfy shiatsu foot massager through the same channel as I ordered mine got a different version other than mine, it made them angry.
Let me say, all efforts to reach the customer care was bouncing, but we later resolved it. Also, it doesn’t seem to fit people with big feet. It is noisy.
AW kneading leg massager (Best at the price)
The AW kneading leg massager remains yet one of the most reliable foot supports for plantar fasciitis, this gadget comes in handy after a long stressful day at work.
You don’t need to do much, grab a seat or couch and slid your legs into it and it will do what it does best.
You have the option of selecting between four various phases of its functionality which hits all parts of your feet such as the toes, heels, the tip of the toe and the arch.
The AW kneading leg massager for plantar fasciitis has a dimension of 20 7/8″ x 12 5/8″ x 10 3/8″.
Features of the AW kneading foot massager
- By the method of kneading, rolling and beating, the AW kneading leg massager specifically hits all areas of the feet.
- The AW kneading foot massager is smart enough to regulate speed, power, and massage directions accurately.
- This machine feels like those kinds of gadgets one uses at those deluxe saloons, it is very comfortable and makes a little noise, and I never thought the machine would be this silent and efficient.
- It makes a beeping sound when you turn it on and after about thirteen minutes of work it automatically shuts down. It also gives a notifying tone to alert the user, maybe perhaps you might have been asleep, it would wake you.
- The power cord is very lengthy which makes it easier for usage at any part of your house, you necessarily do not need to carry it here and there.
- In addition, this device is superb for people who have soft feet which get easily irritated, and this device gives just the right amount of kneading/pressure to sensitive feet.
- A lot of people claim that the option buttons on the device seem useless as the device works at the same pace and speed no matter the button you punch.
Simply put, the increase and decrease buttons appear to be of no use, because the machine works at the same pace and speed.
- Also, it is not too durable as it failed to work as efficiently as it did the first time I used it, and I have barely used it.
MedMassager MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager (best for diabetics)
The MedMassaer MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager is one of the most powerful feet supporters for plantar fasciitis, in therapist and diabetic leg care facilities is where it is prevalently used.
The set of people that should have the MedMassaer MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager
This awesome gadget is best suited for those suffering from great feet ache, blood flow blockage in the leg axis and hurts as a result of diabetes/neuropathy.
The MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager reduces ankle aches & stiff muscles to their barest minimum. The gadget is designed to reduce fatigue and discomfort.
These are some Characteristics of the MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager
- The MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager is used in various parts of the leg such as the calves, Achilles tendons, and ankle.
- In addition, it is certified for therapeutic use by reliable and renowned medical bodies such as the CSA & FDA
- It has a less noisy rotor.
- A majority of individuals who go for the MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager were directed to do so by their physicians with the mindset that the gadget will facilitate an easier flow of blood and eradicate foot ache.
- A lot of people confirm that when you use the MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager regularly for fifteen minutes each day, it will reduce stiffness/numbness.
- In an interview, an anonymous little girl claimed the MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager helped her daddy to move his big toe which he had not been able to do for almost two years due to diabetes.
- The most complaint of the MMFO6 is the durability to stand the test of time.
- A lot of individuals claim that a loud echo and lose nuts or bolts come from inside the gadget just after two or three months of usage, these people suggest that once this happens, you should reach out to their company for a change of the item.
- Furthermore, this gadget is too expensive and bulky.
This machine will give you maximum relief from any feet problem or plantar fasciitis issues.
It is also a very silent device, this machine is more or less like the real deal when using it, the FMS-200H Shiatsu Elite Foot will make you feel like you are receiving a massage from a real human.
The HoMedics FMS-200H Shiatsu Elite Foot Massager is one of the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis which is capable of giving you apex relaxation just by punching a single button.
It weighs 4.4 pounds, and its dimension is 13.8 x 12.4 x 4.2 inches.
Features of FMS-200H Shiatsu Elite Foot massager
- First of all, it gives you an option of going for only the message or massaged combined with heating function.
- Furthermore, it has a LED display; this makes the screen seem cool and sleek to me.
- It has an in-depth pawing system that induces a real massage.
- The FMS-200H Shiatsu Elite Foot massager is a lovely piece, a friend of mine appreciated the fact she was lucky enough to own one of it.
She is in the nursing field, her feet would hurt after about approximately ten shifts at her place of work, her saving grace yet remained the FMS 200H shiatsu foot massager.
- The fifteen-minute shutter on The FMS-200H Shiatsu Elite Foot massager happens to be a spoiler. Although, the user’s manuals specifically asked users not to use the massager past the duration of fifteen minutes.
However, I wished this could be worked on and improved as this tends to spoil the fun.
This product mainly provides shiatsu massage thus imitates the finger, thumb and palm movements. It leaves one foot soothed and relaxed. You can vary its pressure and intensity and thus vary the depth of the tissues you intend to reach. It also helps you ease feet’s tension. You just put your feet on it and relax as gives them deep penetrating and a massage of the reflex zone.
Features of Beurer FM60 Foot massager with heat
It has 8 pounds hence easily portable. Its size is small making it easier to take it anywhere you want.
- Adjustable height
It features twisted pegs at its bottom hence one can adjust its height. One can also tilt it to the angle one wishes by twisting it to your desired angle so that it is possible for you to treat yourself to your adapted massage.
- Offers a relaxing shiatsu massage
It has a kneading mechanism which activates its rollers giving the foot bottom a relaxing deep rub hence reaching the deep muscles. I t can also be regulated by switching it on or off hence meets your preference.
- Air pressure
It offers pressure like that offered by the blood pressure machine. Thus, it stimulates blood circulation in the foot. The pressure intensity can be regulated hence offering the desired massage.
- It offers room for a wide foot range hence works on even big feet
- Eases pain and offers a good massage
- Pleasant temperatures
- It features a heat
- Functions which is important especially during the winter
- Its kneading function is too intense
- It has a short power cord
(Click infographic to enlarge.)
Share this Image On Your Site
Benefits of massaging your foot
- It Improves blood circulation – due to the kind of still lifestyle we live, we are not used to make efficient use of our muscles frequently. Consequently, our feet does not get enough exercise and most times we damage our feet with the tight shoes that we wear.
- Adequate circulation of blood within our leg area if only we could encourage ourselves to massage your feet at least fifteen to twenty-two minutes at night daily before going to sleep.
People who have diabetes should engage in this action the most.
- It promotes better sleep – after a stressful day, one should massage his or her feet if they want to have a lovely sleep.
- Massaging your feet helps most especially if the person in question does a job that requires him to stand or walk around such as a policeman or traffic warden.
- This, in turn, helps to decrease any form of feet swells.
Read our guide on foot massage:How to Give Yourself a Foot Massage?
The Best Plantar Fasciitis Exercises for Pain Relief
Plantar fasciitis is treatable and here are some exercise routines that you can include in your treatment schedule:
Plantar fasciitis stretches
You only need a few minutes a day to complete this routine.
Sit on the floor with your legs together. Reach for the toes of the affected foot and raise them upwards; stay in this position for 30 seconds then relax your foot.
Allow your foot to recover if you feel any pain and then repeat the position.
Repeat this routine five times and for three times a day.
Pain is very common on the first try and should subside after the third; you may try to prolong the position for more than 30 seconds if you don’t feel any pain at all.
You need a water bottle, a ball or a rolling pin to complete this plantar fasciitis exercises.
Place the bottle on the floor and with a slight downwards push, roll the bottle against the ball of the affected foot as long as you can manage.
If you feel any pain, stop the exercise and allow your foot to recover; you may resume with the exercise after the pain has subsided.
You may also combine this method with cold therapy. Place the water bottle in the freezer, you may use it to calm pain and stretch the plantar fascia as well.
Plantar fasciitis exercise on a step
You need to stand at the edge of the step of a flight of stairs; slowly lower the heels down below the step.
Use both legs first to stabilize your stretches then do the routine one leg at a time.
Each time hold the stretch for 15 seconds; you should feel a slight or gentle stretch which means that the routine is working.
Do not overdo this exercise, should you feel any sort of pain, stop the exercise and relax for a while.
Stretching the soleus muscle
The soleus muscle helps support the foot; stretching it will also help treat plantar fasciitis.
Stand near a wall and place a leg behind another; slightly bend both of your knees while keeping the back of the heel down.
After that hold this position for several minutes, however, if you feel the slightest pain, stop the routine for a while.
Resume when you don’t feel any discomfort anymore.
There are more exercise routines for stretching the plantar fascia; some may require the help of a professional trainer or a physical therapist to complete. So, consulting with a professional is the best way to reduce the pain and stress of plantar fasciitis and only through appropriate routines could you outsmart pain.
Frequently Asked Questions
what is it called when the heel of your foot hurts?” Foot ache could be of various determinants, but the most widely known factor for heel pains is called plantar fasciitis.
what is the name of the bottom of your foot? You can call it a sole.
Is it okay for a human not to have a feet arch? Yes, this is normal. Some people have a feet arch while some do not. However, a majority have a feet arch, just as some people write with their left hand and some with their right, but majority writes with the right hand.
Is plantar fasciitis a disease?” style=”fancy”]No, plantar fasciitis isn’t a disease. This is more of a disorder that causes a lot of pain in the foot. Mainly in the heel area and on the bottom of the feet. These disorders can occur from weak ligaments, trauma in the foot, breakages, and scarring. These issues all lead to plantar fasciitis.
Can Epsom salts help plantar fasciitis? Epsom salts help for a number of conditions. By soaking your feet in warm water mixed with Epsom salts you can reduce the pain and inflammation which is occurring. In actual fact, this type of natural salt helps to heal muscles and any weak tissues or ligaments. Doing a soak for about fifteen minutes, twice a day can help increasingly.
What is a policeman’s heel?
Policeman’s heel is similar to plantar fasciitis. Policeman’s heel is, in fact, an inflammation of the sack fluid which is found under the heel bone. This could be caused by incorrect bone growth. This disorder again is painful, and the area in which the pain is in is inflamed.
How do you treat plantar fasciitis?
Usually, You can treat plantar fasciitis at home. The treatment would usually incur a lot of rest, wearing supporting footwear, stretching exercises, inflammation medicine to reduce inflammation and pain medication in the worst cases. A daily foot massage and warm feet soaks can help ease and prevent this condition. The most severe cases are treated with surgery.
Is plantar fasciitis chronic?
If plantar fasciitis isn’t treated in its early stages, then it could become chronic. This means it could affect your lifestyle. It could cause additional pain in the legs, back, knees and hips. It could also change the way you walk. In most cases, it can be caught and treated early on before it gets worse.
There are various uncountable foot massagers in the open Just like other regular electronic gadgets. Some models are preferred to another according to the mindset of different individuals, After all, different folks with different strokes they say.
Always put your primary objective and goal into consideration when shopping for the perfect model of foot massaging device.
Finally, take a deep breath and ask yourself the series of questions below whenever you want to buy the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis:
- How much cash are you able to afford on the foot massager?
- You should be able to differentiate the foot ailment you suffer from, is it diabetes or plantar fasciitis?
- How heavy does the leg pain seem to be, is it manageable or severe?
Initially, AW kneading leg massager Seem to be the perfect pick, since it offers kneading and rolling to relieve tension and comfortable user experience.
However, on the other hand, the Ucomfy Shiatsu Foot Massager with heat is similar to shiatsu therapy and heating functions and has little negative feedbacks from customers.
Between the five, I would go for the Ucomfy Shiatsu Foot Massager with heat simply because it applies definite squeezing pressure and performs the actual pressure and kneading on the feet, not ankles to give a maximum and soothing relief while massaging feet.
Best foot massager for plantar fasciitis review
Product Name: uComfy Shiatsu Foot Massager with heat