For most people, the mention of the term massage chair conjures something expensive; something out of reach.
What you may not know is that there are actually affordable massage chairs out there. You should not keep yourself from enjoying the little pleasures of life-based on a misconception.
The good news is you can get a massage chair at a price not requiring you to reach deep into your pocket.
Yes, you can finally say goodbye to the stress and tired muscles that characterize your day at the office. To that effect, the following is a compilation of the best massage chairs under $1000 you can choose from and enjoy your evenings.
Our Favorite Massage Chair
Among the five reviewed massage chairs, Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner is our choice.
This massager has a wide variety of massaging styles and functions that make the price seem like a bargain. The automatic programs, zero gravity, and heat around your waist are just a few of them.
We particularly highlight pressure cups and shiatsu roller scrapping for your arms and feet respectively quite attractive.
Most importantly, this massager goes further in terms of massage in comparison to the other products in this review.
Review of Top 5 massage chairs under $1000:
1. Electric Full Body Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner Stretched Foot Rest
This massage chair is among the top rated in the market and comes with a host features and extras with affordable price.
This Shiatsu massage chair covers every part of your body from neck, feet and the area between them. The neck massage feature targets the tsubo points instantly relieving your stress.
Impressively, the product has 30 airbags providing an optimal massage to your body making you feel heavenly.
This best massage EC-06 has a variety of massage types designed for your optimum benefit.
First among them is shiatsu. This massage type utilizes power rollers to reduce fatigue, relax the muscles and rejuvenate your body and mind.
To improve the flexibility and your legs’ range of motion, there is compression and percussion.
The Chop Action type utilizes flapping and tapping to effectively deal with stiff muscles. If you also have sore muscles, Chop Action will also play its part in alleviating it.
The Electric Full Body Shiatsu Massage Chair has a variety of massage programs you can choose from. The following is a list of them.
- Extended program
- Recovery program
- Relax program
- Refresh program
The programming of these designs is a source of a unique massage designed according to your needs. You are free to adjust the intensity level according to your liking. The massager’s roller system has the shape of your back to ensure it touches every part of your back.
The massager also has an air pressure and vibration motor to effectively massage your buttocks region. The intelligent roller system built inside the airbags has heat to sooth, loosen and relieve your muscles.
This massager has automatic controls. At just the push of the button, the massager you can raise or lower the backrest or the leg ottoman. You can easily access the features from a control panel.
- It is easy to assemble. The massage chair comes with an instructional video on how to assemble the chair and start using it.
- Considering all the attractive features, the massager is quite affordable.
- The product has a one-year limited warranty. Labor is not part of the agreement. Only covers the parts.
- Has real leather making the massager durable and easy to clean.
- Based on positive feedback from clients, the massage chair is durable.
- The ultra-long-range massage that starts from the neck all the way to the tailbone section. Therefore, this ensures that every part of your back receives a massage.
- At approximately 250lbs, the massager is extremely large and cumbersome. Some reviewers contend they had to take off the door from its hinges to take the product in the house.
- Adequate manufacturer support for the massager is lacking. There is currently very little information regarding the people behind the massager. There would be a problem when someone wanted to get hold of them especially if your chair had issues.
- This massager does not have zero-gravity like other comparable products.
2. Real Relax Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Massage Chair
Real Relax Full Body massager is another product that makes the best massage chair under $1000 list easily.
This massage chair has a host of features that include eight massage points located at the inside of the backrest.
This feature works together with other parts to bring about a complete relaxation from your head to toe. Its 35 airbags are in the seat, arms, shoulder, legs and hip area.
For the arm section, the massager features a space capsule design for optimum effect. All the airbags in this product stimulate your muscles through rhythmic pulses. The product also has four preset auto massage programs that provide you with the option of making
Real Relax Full Body massager also has a feature that takes care of the feet.
It has rollers that massage your feet effectively bringing relief to that part of your body that is often forgotten. The massager does not forget the tall people.
You can extend the footrest to accommodate your height. Your weight is not much of an issue as it can accommodate up to 300 pounds.
One feature considered ideal for chair massagers is zero gravity.
Having your feet are at a position above your heart helps to decompress the spine. You feel weightless in this position and becomes easier to bring relief to your back muscles.
The product weighs 160lbs and consumes 100 W of power through a 120 AV plugin.
- Has a beautiful design
- An extendable footrest that caters for the tall people. Not many massagers have this feature.
- The remote control is easy to use and does not have any jargon that may be confusing for you. There are small symbols indicating the function of the button, and this makes it easy to use. And what’s more, there is a pocket to keep the remote from getting lost.
- The material is high-quality synthetic leather with highly advanced shock absorbing foam. The material is also antistatic and flame retardant.
- It quiet and does not make any noise even when you move a lot.
- Has wheels at the bottom that makes it easy to move the product around.
- Comes with a 3-year warranty. Most other products have a 1-year warranty making this shiatsu massage chair to have truly attractive.
- The massage reach is short. Some of the competing products have a massage action that starts from the back of the neck to the buttocks. This massage, on the other hand, reaches to the lower back and not to the hip joint.
- Having an economical design means this chair lacks the back rollers that make specialized programming a possibility. In their place, the massager has fixed massage points. If you happen to have pain in place other than the fixed one, then you may be out of luck. There are no rollers to reach and move around the problematic spot.
- Even if this might not be such a problem, the chair massager is bulky and leave many footprints.
3. “iJoy-2310” Recline & Relax Robotic Massage Chair
At a affordable price, iJoy-2310 recline chair is officially among the cheap good massage chairs in the market.
It has an effective action that goes beyond the skin. And the best thing is that you do not need to have deep pockets to enjoy the pleasures and other benefits associated with massage chairs.
The massager provides a range of massage techniques to fit the needs of the user. These techniques include tapping, kneading, rolling and compressing. The action of each helps recreate a feeling of human touch. However, the massager’s recline is manual.
It also has three preset programs that automatically offer you your favorite massage without the hustle of needing to operate the controls.
They include (1) Stress relief, (2) Sore muscle relief and (3) Back wellness.
Stress relief focuses on the upper back and neck effectively dealing with tension. For muscle relief, the focus is on the lumbar section so vulnerable to discomfort and aching.
The last one is more general in nature and focuses on works on your entire back without singling out any particular section of the body. This chair may lack some of the great features other products but makes for that with the design and favorable price.
Like other massagers worth their salt, this product has a remote control for easy tuning of the intensity of the massage. You have the ability to also change the massage focus as you like it. This function is great especially if you need a massage on different places of your body.
IJoy-2310 also comes with a softening pad that you can add at the back of the chair to create a comfortable barrier between the body and the rollers of the equipment. This additional pad is especially helpful for the sensitive such as the elderly or those that are just from surgery.
As a matter of fact, iJoy-2310 is one of the lightest massagers around. At only 55 pounds, this product is up to 250 pounds lighter than its competitors. If you are looking for a chair massager that fits your lifestyle of moving from one place to the other, then this is the perfect one for you.
- Its small size is perfect for those that live in small city spaces.
- The price is quite reasonable.
- Massage functions that you can customize.
- Has softening pads that provide a gentle massage for those that need it.
- The massager is lightweight. As a result, you can move with it around.
- You have the option to choose from two colors.
- User praise the chair massager for its effectiveness against
- Comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Unlike most other massagers, iJoy-2310 does not have a headrest. This can be uncomfortable for some people.
- Does not have arm or leg massage functions.
- Limited features. Its only selling point is weight.
- It is too low for some people who have mobility challenges.
- Leg rest and leg massaging function are
- May not be effective for the heavy set and larger people.
4. Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner
At under $1000, this Full body Zero Gravity Massage Chair easily makes a list not only based on its relatively low price but also has attractive features.
The massager has a long massage track guiding rollers from the neck to the thighs. It has three key massage functions that include kneading, rolling and vibrating shiatsu. Kneading is typically effective in dealing with knots. The rolling function emulates a rolling finger to bring relief to the point where you are feeling pain.
Zero gravity is now the ideal in massage chairs. The feature makes you feel weightless when receiving a massage. The recline to the horizontal position is swift. The big deal with zero gravity position is that you feel more comfortable and relaxed.
The use of Opto technology is another feature helps the massage chair find your shoulder position with the objective of delivering a massage that is of the highest quality.
Your body type does not matter. More exceptional is the roller scraping feature that takes care of your feet. For your arms, there are pressure cups where they wrap around them and squeeze as is necessary. The pressure cups emulate the human touch.
The remote control has an LED display and is easy to use. It does not have any complicated jargon. With this remote control, you can vary the massage experience to your liking.
And if you need to move it across the room or to another room, there is a wheel that makes it possible and easy.
The massager carries the L-shape with a particular objective in mind. The shape allows easier movement of rollers all the way to the thighs from the neck. This range of motion allows the device to deliver an effective massage to swiftly bring pain relief to your body. Most highly-priced massagers go as far as the tailbone, but this goes farther.
- Comes with a warranty for the first year of ownership.
- This electric full-body shiatsu massage chair recliner comes with a variety of styles and functions
- The price is furtherer side considering all the features and massage styles
- The design and finishing are both modern and stylish. It will look good in any room or office.
- The machine is ideal for individuals with stiff joints and those that need pain relief.
- Like most other massage chairs, this product is big and unwieldy. It leaves a large footprint and would not be good for those that live in small spaces. However, this is what you would expect from a machine with so many functions and features. All you need to do is find adequate space for your massager.
- There have been reports of the massage chair breakdowns. However, buying from reliable sources will provide you with an extra layer of protection.
5. Real Relax Massage Chair Recliner – Full Body Shiatsu, Zero Gravity, Armrest linkage system, with Heater
At first glimpse, the thing that catches your eye when coming across this massage chair is its beauty.
Its design evokes a feeling of style, elegance, and class. You will be forgiven for thinking that you would need to break the bank to own one.
Its exterior is high-quality leather ergonomically-designed, soft and comfortable. The product has a high definition VFD that lets you view the features that are in use. A remote control is on hand should you desire for more features. Before shipping, the massage goes through testing to ensure it reaches the customer in good condition.
The massager has four preset programs that provide you with real options. It has zero gravity to distribute the weight.
This feature will make you feel relaxed both mentally and physically. The backrest makes use of 8-point massage for a complete massage and comfort from neck to toe.
Impressively, the massager has over 50 airbags distributed all over the seat, arms, shoulder, and legs. These allow for more relaxation and good massage experience.
This elegant looking chair massager also has a heater and a vibrator. There is an internal heater that promotes blood circulation and enhances metabolism. If you are a tall individual, the massager has footrests that you can always extend.
The massage chair has a number of built-in programs that work with the eight massage points in your backrest. This is to ensure that you get one of the best experiences that you will equate to a professional masseuse.
A waist heater is another essential feature that enhances metabolism and blood circulation. The massage chair also incorporates air squeeze, heat, and vibration.
- Comes with a 3-year warranty. This indicates the amount of confidence the manufacturers have in their product. The period usually given as warranty indicates how much the makers of the product are willing to stand by their product.
- Easy assembly since the massage chair comes with a detailed, easy to follow instruction manual. The manual has graphics that help in explaining further which part goes where. That said, it will just take a short period to assemble the chair and have it running.
- A truly aesthetically appealing product. This massage chair is one product you will be proud of having in your living room because of how good it looks.
- Even the though the chair does not seem like a cheap massage chair at first glance, it is a quite affordable piece equipment.
- Take care when assembling since some of the parts are fragile. Those that cannot follow the instruction manual to the letter are at a disadvantage. Any mistake can cause a major problem with the product.
- The chair massager is only available in two colors; black and brown. This means that you can get any other color that you love.
- Accessing the 3-year warranty requires you to part with a certain amount of cash. This does not sound fair for most people since they can get the same warranty period with other competing products without paying anything extra.
What to consider while buying
Getting a massage chair is a very good idea considering the benefits you will accrue from acquiring one.
However, the desire to purchase one should not blind you to making a hasty decision that you will live to regret later on. Take your time and note some of the things you would like to get from a massage chair.
Through what you want helps you choose the right product that will please you for a long time to come.
The person going to use the chair
Among the factors, you should consider when buying the best massage chairs under $1000 include the qualities of the person that is going to use it. It is easy if the product is yours.
However, if you are buying it as a gift someone else, then you may want to consider a number of factors such as their weight, height and preferred colored. Age and certain medical conditions may affect the mobility of people. If that is the case, then you may want to consider zero gravity as among the requirements.
The available space
This is the most obvious consideration since massage chairs come in different heights and weight. It would not make sense buying a chair with a recliner, and you are living in a limited town space.
Avoid the embarrassment and take the necessary measurements of the space you will put the chair and provide them at the time of purchase. The chair must also fulfill the requirements of the available space. For example, if it is a place with pets and children, you may want to consider a massage chair that is easy to clean.
What you want relief from and intensity
It’s best first to take stock of the conditions you are suffering from and need the massager to provide relief. Make sure that the product is the most appropriate to provide relief for the condition you have.
Another thing that you might want to think about is intensity. If you are the type of person that prefers deep massages when you visit a spa, then you should go for a high-intensity machine.
The only drawback with this requirement is that there is no easy way of truly knowing the intensity of a particular massager. Check the return policy before you purchase. This will make it possible to return the product if does not have the intensity you require.
There are those people that often suffer from severe muscle tension. If that is the case, they need a product that has a heat function. However, if you are a person that suffers from lower body tension, then you need a massager with airbag massage for your feet and calves. Make sure the massager you get to fulfill your relief needs.
Massage chairs come at various prices depending on the functionality and quality. Everybody wants the best product in the market, but that is not always possible.
With the current state of the economy, the first instinct is to go for the cheapest product. However, there is a danger if you go for the cheapest.
You may end up regretting your purchase. Cheap massage products have poor quality parts that can easily breakdown. In the majority of cases, the parts are harder to replace and may end up abandoning the chair.
The first thing that you need to do is narrow down the features that you want from a massager and then try to fit them into your price range.
Go to the showrooms to check them out and do your research. Check what other buyers are saying about a product and also the online retailers’ reviews. It is important to purchase the product from a reliable retailer.
A retailer that will help you in case you notice your product has a problem. Taking your time to determine what you want and evaluating your ability will save you from the embarrassment and disappointment of gong for what you don’t need in the first place.
Before you get your wallet, find out the terms of the warranty. Does the warranty cover all the necessary repairs if necessary?
Is it pro-rata?
Is the measurement of the period in years or months?
Determine whether you are okay with terms. It is also a good idea to look at other warranty terms offered for other massage chairs and ascertain whether it is fair or not.
How often should you use a massage chair?
The first instinct for anyone suffering from a back pain is to spend the whole day on a chair massager. However, that is usually not the case. You achieve optimum benefits from a massager in shorter increments of time.
The recommended time is normally 15 minutes. Staying longer has the potential to bruise your muscles or cause inflammation to the body tissues. The good thing is that most massagers have a timer.
If suffering from lower back, shoulder or neck pain, 3-4 times in a week is most appropriate. For relaxation and stress relief, 1-3 times will do just fine. However, you can have the massage during those times you feel your stress levels going up.
You are also free to use the massager as reading chair but with the massager turned off. Chair massagers have a perfect back support and are most appropriate for such an activity. As a normal, you can use the product as much as you want.
While there is no machine that can fully match the skills of a professional masseuse, chair massagers actually work. The motion that chairs create at your back enhance your blood circulation. The increased flow of blood helps get rid of waste in your body.
Studies show that massage chairs have a positive effect on physical tension. This means that a few minute on the chair gets rid of all tension you have been accumulating all day working. If you have actually been to a professional masseuse, then you will agree that massagers still have a long way to go. However, there are particular benefits you get from the chair massagers.
Having a massage chair is way cheaper than visiting the spa every now and then to get the services of a professional. A chair allows you to have a massage as often as you would like without worrying about how much you are spending.
Types of Massage Chair
There is a long list of massage chairs available in the market, and it can be challenging to group them according to their features or styles. However, you can distinguish them according to their main features.
The reclining massager is one product that many buyers prefer. The material on them is top quality and can easily match your home or office theme.
Zero gravity models are usually the premium models. They simulate the astronauts’ position when traveling to the outer space. The benefit of zero gravity is relief of joint and bone pain. Full body massagers have everything you may need from a massager. They are also the most expensive.
Ottomans are budget massage chairs. However, their focus is normally on the comfort as opposed to the actual massage. As a result, ottomans have weaker mechanics.
Chair massagers provide the cheapest means of getting a massage and acquiring that relief that you need so much. The benefits associated with having a massage chair are numerous.
The challenge comes when it comes to choosing one product over another. Price is the most obvious factor to look at when buying a product.
However, you can still get a good deal without having to spend so much. Check the feature of a massager and compare them against what you need and price. The above list of best massage chairs under $1000 provides you with a pretty good idea.